US Crypto and Financial Regulatory Policy Lead
Stripe is looking for a senior Public Policy and Government Relations professional to join our growing Public Policy team.
Stripe is building the economic infrastructure that makes it easier for entrepreneurs and companies all over the world to start, run and grow their businesses online. In this role you will lead Stripe’s US public policy work related to cryptocurrency, Central Bank Digital Currencies, and other “future of money” topics – advising the business on public policy developments in this space, developing policy positions to promote positive outcomes for our users and the payments ecosystem, and building and executing engagement strategies to advance those outcomes. You will also play a leading role in our engagement on other US financial services regulatory policy issues.
We value team members who demonstrate intellectual rigor, humility and enthusiasm for teamwork, and who can provide thought leadership regarding financial services innovation and regulation and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Strong candidates will have extensive experience in the public and/or private sector related to fintech and cryptocurrency policy.
In this role you will have the opportunity to impact the trajectory of Stripe in the US and enhance financial innovation and inclusion. If this describes you, we would love to hear from you!
In this role you will:
- Help colleagues across Stripe understand US policy trends and potential regulatory developments related to cryptocurrency and identify related business opportunities and risks
- Work together with our global Public Policy Team and business partners across the company to develop and execute against policy priorities
- Plan, develop, and execute policy initiatives related to crypto and financial services regulation that advance positive outcomes for our users and Stripe
- Directly engage senior policymakers and regulators to articulate Stripe’s business and vision for the digital economy and the future of payments
We are looking for someone with:
- At least 8+ years of public policy, governmental or similar experience
- Deep understanding and experience in cryptocurrency, financial services, and technology policy
- Terrific communication, writing and advocacy skills
- A proven track record of success in managing complex, technical policy issues, capable of working independently or project managing a team
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced environment and helping Stripe navigate novel and challenging policy issues
- A willingness to work with a diverse group of policy, regulatory, and product engineers who care deeply about our users, Stripe, and each other
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.