University Recruiting Program Manager
Help us grow Stripe.
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars in payments each year and enable hundreds of thousands of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently. More than half of US internet users have purchased something from a Stripe user in the past year. To further this important mission, we are building the foundation for a long-term talent bench at Stripe. We believe every campus hire can build products with meaningful impact at Stripe, and provide far-reaching impact for anyone trying to grow his or her business online. Our programs are designed to unlock student potential and serve as a meaningful pipeline for full-time hiring. We are looking for a University Recruiting Program Manager to join our team to build out the strategic infrastructure of our internship program.
We’re a small but mighty team, and are committed to big results. You will help shape the future of our early-stage programs and be responsible for all parts of our programming, including – but not limited to – operations, on-boarding, performance management, events, ongoing education, and reporting. You must be a builder who thrives in a learning environment – unafraid to try new things, embrace new ideas, and welcome suggestions for how we can iterate on our processes. You will partner closely with university recruiters and our business to drive key programs and initiatives that enhance Stripe’s effort to attract, recruit, and retain diverse talent.
- Manage pre-hire communication and end to end on>boarding/offboarding process for incoming intern classes across multiple roles and offices
- Develop calibration and assessment rubrics, training guides, and educational content for all program participants
- Lead intern manager training and ongoing manager support, in partnership with Learning & Development team
- Lead calibration sessions for intern managers and university recruiters ensuring assessment is consistent, inclusive, and in line with Stripe’s performance expectations
- Develop cross-functional formal mentorship program
- Manage logistics and execution for program events including social/networking events and educational showcases, Hackathons, open houses, speaker series, etc. in partnership with team coordinators
- Own university vendor relationships, budget, and ongoing tool support
- Collaborate on branding and swag design alongside university team and partners
- Drive a positive candidate experience for every intern participating in our program
- Proactively share data-centric updates with internal stakeholders to maintain aligned decision making and build trusted partnerships
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years program management experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- A passion for students, building new programs, and diversity
- Strong initiative, autonomy, critical thinking skills, and an eye for the details
- Proven abilities to imagine, think creatively, and build from scratch
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness
- An active and data driven approach to problem solving; you may enjoy making sense of the trends and using the insights to better your process to make it more efficient
- A growth mindset and truly flexible. You can shift tasks and priorities with circumstances change (At a fast-growing startup, they often do)
- An interest in working in a cross-functional and fluid environment, the ability to learn quickly, and no desire to take yourself too seriously (a wry sense of humor is always appreciated!)
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and attend non-business hour events
You should include these in your application:
- A description of your relevant background and interests
- Your resume
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.