Underwriting Analyst - Stripe Atlas
Fight fraud and enable payments for entrepreneurs around the world.
As an Atlas underwriter, you’ll review applications from entrepreneurs, communicate and consult with them, and collaborate with partners and colleagues to make our overall process more effective. Since its launch in February 2016, Atlas has helped entrepreneurs in more than 135 countries build global companies. Stripe’s mission is to expand the GDP of the Internet, and we’re working on this because we believe that developers around the world should have equal access to the tools and services essential to starting a business.
- Monitor accounts and transactions to identify fraudulent behavior and work closely with our risk analysts to identify persistent trends
- Work closely with our users to ensure compliance with Stripe’s Terms of Service.
- Communicate with entrepreneurs to understand their business, and consult with them on how to use Stripe in an effective and compliant way
- Refine tools and practices to increase the efficiency of application reviews, the accuracy of our decisions, and the quality of entrepreneurs’ experience
- Work with internal and external partners to support entrepreneurs around the world.
- Gain unique insights into the global startup landscape
- Enable businesses to get started on Atlas in a way that delivers an exceptional user experience, while protecting Stripe, our partners, and the financial system
We’re looking for people who:
- Can think critically about complex problems, appropriately weight many factors and reach a definitive conclusion
- Are efficient, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Love writing, and can do so quickly and clearly
- Have deep empathy for entrepreneurs starting a business, and are motivated to solve problems to empower them
- Are persistent and thorough, willing to go the extra mile to understand specific cases and examine underlying causes
- Are curious, decisive, understanding and persistent
Nice to have:
- Experience with payments, risk, compliance, or the financial industry
- Experience in a role supporting users at a technology company
- Written fluency in a second language (German and Portuguese are preferred but not necessary)
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
- Your answer to the following: given free rein, what are one or two improvements you would have made to the processes at a company or organization where you have worked? How would you assess if the change(s) was (were) successful?
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.