The Underwriting Team underpins the Risk Organization at Stripe with efficient, thorough, and accurate Risk investigation and analysis, across our portfolio. As the front line of Stripe Risk, our goal is to protect Stripe, our users, and their customers from fraud and other malicious activity. We do all this while navigating a complex regulatory environment, maintaining a strong Users First mentality, and keeping a critical eye on our existing policies, processes, and tooling; no two days are quite the same on the Underwriting Team!
- Complete reviews of ~100 accounts per day to identify a host of risky behaviors and enact appropriate mitigations.
- Work closely with our Risk Strategists, Insights Analysts, and Risk Engineers to identify new and persistent trends, and adjust our risk-prevention systems to manage the risks they present.
- Help refine tools and practices to increase the efficiency of manual reviews, the accuracy of our decisions, and the quality of entrepreneurs’ experience on Stripe.
- Develop, document and share best practices with the wider Risk team.
- Interface with internal and external partners to support businesses around the world.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are curious, decisive, and persistent.
- Can think critically about complex problems, appropriately weight many factors and reach a definitive conclusion.
- Are efficient, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Are collaborative team members who look out for opportunities to share knowledge best practices with teammates.
- Are persistent and thorough, willing to go the extra mile to understand specific cases and examine underlying causes.
- Are self-reflective, lifelong learners.
Nice to have:
- Experience with payments, risk, compliance, or the financial industry.
- Experience in a role supporting users at a technology company.
- Education in a risk-related arena.
Include these in your application:
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile.
- Your answer to the following: given free rein, what are one or two improvements you would have made to the processes at a company or organization where you have worked? - How would you assess if the change(s) was (were) successful?
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.