UK & Brussels Public Policy
Help Stripe build our policy and government relations program in Europe!
In this role, you will deal with a diverse set of matters that straddle financial services, technology and economic policy.
You will be able to actively shape the Public Policy function while we build it out over the coming years. In addition, you get to partner closely and collaborate with teams across the company from Communications, Legal, Regulatory, Financial Partnerships, Marketing, and Engineering to Sales in order to advocate for policies that increase the GDP of the Internet.
If you are up for the challenge - we would love to hear from you!
- Work directly with our Head of Public Policy EMEA and Stripe’s leadership team to strategically pursue policy objectives as part of Stripe’s global policy priorities
- Gather intelligence, report and influence legislative and regulatory developments in the UK and in Brussels vis a vis EU institutions
- Plan, develop and help execute policy initiatives and campaigns that advance Stripe’s policy goals and those of our users
- Develop and maintain relationships with public policy representatives across the technology community, and serve as a representative of Stripe on certain trade groups or other industry bodies
- Directly engage policymakers, regulators, and their staff to educate them about Stripe’s business model and vision of the digital economy and the future of payments
- Help colleagues across Stripe understand potential policy developments and identify policy opportunities to grow our business
We’re looking for someone with:
- At least 5-8 years of experience working in a legislative affairs or similar government position, or similar experience at a public policy firm or world class in-house government relations organization with a focus on the UK and/or Brussels
- Strong industry knowledge - an understanding of internet technologies and the financial services and payments industry
- An ability to cover a broad range of issues and get deep when and where needed
Nice to haves:
- An exceptionally hard worker who is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty to get things done
- Decisive, with excellent judgment, capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information
- A terrific communicator and writer, adept at working with lawyers, regulators, engineers, business teams, and colleagues to make complex concepts clear and understandable
- Passionate about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.