Technical Solutions Engineering Manager
At Stripe we consider this developer experience to be central to the overall experience of our customers. When we do our job well, developers all over the world are able to smoothly launch and grow their businesses on Stripe, whether they’re integrating payments for the first time or building complex payment systems.
Stripe is beloved by developers for the simplicity of our APIs, the thoroughness of our documentation, and our focus on developer experience. The Technical Solutions Engineering (TSE) team is the glue that supports our developers and champions developer experience as central to the overall experience of our customers.
- Attract, recruit and develop the very best talent.
- Inspire, motivate and enable individual development and promote career growth of the team.
- Work cross-functionally across Stripe to develop solutions to meet customer’s requirements.
- Develop both the long-term vision and strategy for the team and manage day-to-day operations.
- Define and deliver a comprehensive technical support experience for developers integrating Stripe.
- Develop relationships across the entire organization at Stripe to influence others in aiming for the best developer experience possible.
- Define, implement, and monitor key metrics that ensure the future sustainability and quality of the developer support experiences.
You may be a good fit if:
- You have 5+ years of experience leading productive user-facing engineering teams.
- You attract great teammates.
- You encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging.
- You’re excited to help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers.
- You understand what makes teams successful and what role a manager can play in that process.
- You’re clear and persuasive in writing and in person.
- You lead by example, by setting the right context, and by helping teammates do their best work.
- You know when to let a team work through problems and when to jump in to help.
- You’re technical enough to ask engineers good questions about design and integration decisions.
- You have at least a couple of years of user-facing engineering management experience.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.