Trust And Safety Program Manager
As our first Trust & Safety Program Manager, you’ll be a key building member of the team. You’ll be responsible for implementing and testing new processes and procedures to improve the Stripe user experience as it relates to Risk and Trust & Safety. You’ll partner closely with many internal teams (Risk, Financial Crimes, Support, Sales, Account Management, Legal), empowering them with operational and risk expertise, ensuring tight feedback loops. You’ll be a thought leader on global operational launches and developing new and innovative ways of onboarding and supporting our users. You’ll also have the opportunity to work directly with top users, learning more about their use cases & helping resolve their unique needs. This role is highly cross-functional and will be a critical lever for us to deliver more value to more users, faster.
What you’ll do...
Operationalize new and existing Risk and Safety support and manage our Supportability Program
- Plan, coordinate, and drive discipline around the processes, workflows, and policies for improving the experience of users who encounter supportability and risk-related issues.
- Make sure user-facing teams around the world are ready with the information and processes required to handle risk and supportability issues (training, playbooks, documentation, resolution paths, FAQs).
- Create, manage and optimize any non-technical processes that help the Operations and Risk teams meet their goals more efficiently with a growth and scaling mindset.
Build strong user feedback loops
- Work with user-facing teams (and, at times, with users directly) around the world to collect, quantify & communicate risk challenges to be considered by risk policy, credit, financial crimes, product, and legal in future development.
- Help translate top risk-related user insights into operational solutions.
- Surface use-cases and edge-cases from around the world. Work with regional teams to validate requirements and proposed policy and workflow solutions.
Scale Risk knowledge throughout the company
- Serve as a subject matter expert, and maintain an organized central source of truth for information about new risk enforcement, policies, and procedures. Partner with user-facing teams to help them create tailored content for specific audiences.
- Regularly provide insights and updates on your progress in Operations-wide channels (internal newsletters, internal webinars, all hands etc).
Engage a global, cross-functional community
- Identify and actively build connections with relevant subject matter experts across the company to surface insights, generate excitement about what your team is building, and to pave the way for smoother future rollouts.
- Serve as a central point of contact for inbound requests from other teams, responding or appropriately.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have a deep understanding of Risk-related issues such as card network rules, credit/fraud/chargebacks and account security issues.
- Have worked scaling large operational programs across vendor and global sites.
- You enjoy working in SQL/Redshift, analyzing user data and using these insights to drive product improvements.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems.
- Are an awesome project and program manager that has worked in complex cross-functional environments.
- 4+ years of post-college working experience in a risk, payments or operational role that worked on trust & safety, risk or similar account security issues
- A passion for delivering an outstanding user experience
- Strong project management experience
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.