Trust & Safety Program Manager
Optimize the Stripe user experience as it relates to Trust & Safety, and Risk.
Stripe is a technology company that builds eCommerce infrastructure for the internet. Businesses of all sizes, from new startups to larger companies like Yelp and Facebook, use our software to accept payments and scale their businesses. Our Trust and Safety team has the ambitious mission of building scalable operational solutions with both internal and external stakeholders to help our users with their most sensitive issues.
As our first Trust & Safety Program Manager, you’ll be a key building member of the team. You’ll be responsible for implementing and testing new processes and procedures to improve the Stripe user experience as it relates to Risk and Trust & Safety. You’ll partner closely with many internal teams (Risk, Support, Sales, Account Management, Legal), empowering them with operational and risk expertise, ensuring tight feedback loops. You’ll be a thought leader on global operational launches and developing new and innovative ways of supporting our users. You’ll also have the opportunity to work directly with top users, learning more about their use cases & helping resolve their unique needs. This role is highly cross-functional and will be a critical lever for us to deliver more value to more users, faster.
What you’ll do
Operationalize new and existing Risk and Safety support
- Plan, coordinate, and drive discipline around the processes, workflows, and policies for improving the experience of users who encounter risk-related issues.
- Ensure user-facing teams around the world are ready with the information and processes required to support risk issues (training, playbooks, documentation, resolution paths, FAQs).
- Create, manage and optimize any non-technical processes that help the Operations and Risk teams meet their goals more efficiently with a growth and scaling mindset.
Build strong user feedback loops
- Work with user-facing teams (and, at times, with users directly) around the world to collect, quantify & communicate risk challenges to be considered by risk, policy, product, and legal in future development.
- Translate top risk-related user insights into operational solutions.
- Surface use-cases and edge-cases from around the world. Work with regional teams to validate requirements and proposed policy and workflow solutions.
Scale Risk knowledge throughout the company
- Serve as a subject matter expert, and maintain an organized central source of truth for information about new risk enforcement, policies, and procedures.
- Partner with user-facing teams to help them create tailored content for specific audiences.
- Regularly provide insights and updates on your progress in Operations-wide channels (internal newsletters, internal webinars, all hands etc).
Engage a global, cross-functional community
- Identify and actively build connections with relevant subject matter experts across the company to surface insights, generate excitement about what your team is building, and to pave the way for smoother future rollouts.
- Serve as a central point of contact for inbound requests from other teams, responding appropriately.
You may be a fit for this role if you
- Have a deep understanding of Risk-related issues such as chargebacks and account security issues.
- Have worked scaling large operational programs across vendor and global sites.
- Enjoy working in SQL/Redshift, analyzing user data and using these insights to drive product improvements.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non-technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems.
- Are an awesome project and program manager that has worked in complex cross-functional environments.
- 4+ years of post-college working experience in a risk, payments or operational role that worked on trust & safety, risk or similar account security related issues.
- A passion for delivering an outstanding user experience.
- Strong project management experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience executing cross-functional work, and working with third parties to drive execution.
- A can-do attitude and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience working with SQL and using data to identify trends, generate insights and solve complex problems.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.