At its core, Stripe is a treasury company. We are seeking someone great to join our team in Brazil to help fulfill our mission of building the infrastructure that enables our users to move money seamlessly to and from their own constituents. Treasury capability is inextricably intertwined with our product suite; in order to continue to build novel and powerful products for our users, our own treasury capabilities must be excellent.
To that end, Stripe is building a world class global Treasury team focused on being fully automated and supremely lean. We work closely with engineering teams to build great systems. We also work closely with product and finance teams to shape our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business and what our best opportunities are for continued growth.
We are looking for someone fantastic to join our fast growing team and to help us build integrated financial systems and processes, working alongside our business partners and our world-class engineers.
- Help us establish and manage local funding structures, including receivable funds (FIDC) and receivable sales to financial institutions
- Serve as the primary contact for Brazil treasury activities for internal and external business partners
- Partner with Engineering on the automation of treasury systems and infrastructure
- Manage all aspects of treasury operations in Brazil ( including but not limited to cash forecasting, liquidity management, FX, intercompany, bank accounts and partner strategy)
- Analyze new Brazilian products to assess their financial risk profile and funding requirements
- Develop and implement Treasury policies, procedures, and controls
- Ensure regulatory compliance in our business processes
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of general treasury experience
- Hands-on experience structuring and managing receivables funds (FIDC) either at a local acquirer or financial institution
- Knowledge of local regulatory environment around receivable funds and payments
- Ability to work with engineering teams in order to facilitate integration and information transfer to the appropriate funding structures
- An inclination to solve problems systematically via infrastructure and automation
- A clear willingness to “roll up their sleeves” and dive into the details
- The ability to work independently or with a small team as the first local Treasury hire
- Strong communication skills and an ability to build and leverage cross-functional relationships
- A demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with a high attention to detail
- Fluency in English and Portuguese
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of payments industry
- Experience with SQL
- Fluency in Spanish
You should include these in your application:
- Your resume in English
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.