Treasury - Foreign Exchange Risk Manager
Scale our Treasury team globally!
At its core, Stripe is a treasury company. We fulfill our mission of growing the online economy by empowering our users to move currencies to and from their own user constituents around the globe, and by understanding and optimizing the complexities of these FX flows. In this way, treasury is inextricably intertwined with our product; in order to continue to build novel and powerful products for our users, our own treasury and FX capabilities must be excellent.
To that end, Stripe is building a world class Treasury team with a goal of being fully automated and supremely lean. We work closely with our Treasury engineering and Financial Infrastructure engineering teams to build great systems. We also work closely with our product and finance teams to shape our understanding of how Stripe is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for a stellar candidate to join our fast growing team and to help us build integrated financial systems and risk management processes, working alongside our business partners and world-class engineers.
- Measure, design, and implement the company’s FX risk management program and hedging strategies, including derivatives trading.
- Design automated and scalable FX management solutions that meet both Stripe’s and our users’ needs, in partnership with Engineering.
- Identify opportunities for incremental revenue related to FX and partner with product teams to execute on those opportunities.
- Partner with Finance & Strategy to develop currency forecasting of earnings and balance sheets for our global legal entities.
- Establish FX risk metrics, policies, procedures, and controls.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years of experience.
- Strong familiarity with building FX risk management models and designing hedging strategies.
- A broad and deep understanding of FX product solutions in the market.
- A desire to build best-in-class FX solutions from scratch.
- A demonstrated ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with a high attention to detail.
- The ability to work with and synthesize extremely large data sets.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to build and leverage cross-functional relationships.
- Familiarity with FX regulations and financial disclosure requirements.
- Experience negotiating ISDA’s and CSA’s.
- A builder’s mindset with a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom.
- An ability to work closely with non-Finance professionals in a fast-paced environment with evolving requirements.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with designing systems to track the FX trade life cycle.
- Strong knowledge of payments industry.
- Knowledge of regulations that pertain to the payments industry.
- Experience with SQL, R, or equivalent.
To apply, please include:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.