Treasury Financial Risk Management, EMEA
Scale our Treasury team globally!
To that end, Stripe is building a world class Treasury risk team with a goal of being fully automated and supremely lean. We work closely with Data Science, Treasury engineering and Payments Infrastructure engineering teams to build great systems. We also work closely with our product and finance teams to shape our understanding of Stripe’s business and risk profile, as well as our best opportunities for continued growth while ensuring resilience to downturns. We’re looking for a stellar candidate to join our fast growing team and to help us build integrated financial risk management systems and processes, working alongside our business partners and world-class engineers.
If you are passionate about using risk analysis and reporting to drive business insights that will steer company decision making, we want to hear from you.
- Support the development of a robust and scalable corporate financial risk management program.
- Deliver insights to support key business processes such as capital and liquidity stress testing, counterparty analysis, and support new product launches.
- Develop compelling dashboards by leveraging data visualization tools such as Tableau, Python or other web-based platforms.
- Use SQL to drive further observability across all risk dimensions.
- Partner with Data Science and Treasury Engineering to define, develop and report key metrics.
- Ad hoc projects.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience, with knowledge of financial risk models and concepts such as Value-at-Risk (VaR), economic capital, monte carlo simulations, and cash flow forecasting.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to transform data into a dynamic narrative. You have deep empathy for users of financial risk information and are able to create succinct narratives out of quantitative analyses. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Data-orientation. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your fundamental analysis to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view.
- The ability to use data modeling and visualization tools. You enjoy working with and synthesizing extremely large and complex data sets. Fluency in SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau is a must.
- Project management skills and the ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with a high attention to detail.
- Be comfortable analyzing the financials of bank counterparties and set limits based on their financial capacity.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in building financial risk management tools.
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks or past interaction with regulators is a plus.
You might also have:
- Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics
- In addition to SQL, you might have experience with statistical programming languages
To apply, please include:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile.
- A short description of a technical project or analysis that you have worked on where you made a significant impact through data. Include examples of data visualization and framing your narrative.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.