Treasury, Capital Markets
At its core, Stripe is a treasury company. We fulfill our mission of growing the online economy by empowering our users to move money to and from their own user constituents, and to understand and optimize these flows. In this way, treasury is inextricably intertwined with our product. In order to continue to build novel and powerful products for our users, our own treasury capabilities must be equally state of the art.
The Treasury Capital Markets team is managing Stripe’s financing strategy and execution as well as investments of balance sheet cash with the goal of supporting a robust and resilient capital structure. It’s an exciting time to be a part of this team at Stripe as we embark on launching new markets and products that come with unique financing requirements.
We’re looking for a creative, smart, and driven individual to join our Capital Markets team to focus on developing our cash investments strategy and execution. Candidates should have a deep understanding of financial markets, expertise in fixed income investments, direct experience managing corporate investment portfolios, and working closely with external money managers. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills combined with the desire to work closely with both internal and external stakeholders. Last, but not least, we are looking for someone who is passionate about financial innovation and follows developments in areas such as digital payments and blockchain technologies.
- Develop and implement all aspects of our corporate cash investment program including policies, strategies and operations
- Define portfolio and risk metrics, measure investment performance working closely with data science and engineering
- Monitor market conditions and produce investment and asset allocation recommendations
- Manage relationships with outside asset managers and other external partners such as funds, custodial banks etc.
- Partner with local teams to define and execute investment strategies in foreign markets
- Identify the system needs and help implement the systems to support the cash investment infrastructure
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of treasury experience with specific focus on capital markets, fixed income and investments
- A risk manager mindset with focus on balancing returns with cash preservation objectives
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business and engineering partners to take projects from ideation to completion
- Passion and curiosity for technological/financial innovation in the area of payments, digital finance, blockchain/crypto technologies, etc.
- An ability to think creatively and thrive in a dynamic, but often ambiguous environment
- Excellent communication and analytical skills with high attention to detail
- A builder’s mindset with a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom
- Experience with SQL and visualization tools is a plus
Please include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.