Treasury Capital Management Specialist
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
At its core, Stripe is a treasury company. We fulfill our mission of growing the online economy by empowering our users to move money to and from their own user constituents, and to understand and optimize these flows. In this way, treasury is inextricably intertwined with our product; in order to continue to build novel and powerful products for our users, our own treasury capabilities must be excellent.
Stripe is building a world class Treasury Capital Management team with a goal of driving capital efficiency across Stripe’s products and growth initiatives. We’re looking for a creative, smart, and driven individual to join our Treasury Capital Management team and delivering a global strategy. Candidates should have experience building and deploying capital management frameworks and working closely with business and product owners to steer the business towards capital efficiency. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and interpersonal skills combined with the desire to work closely with product and regional leads.
- Take the lead in preparing Stripe’s capital plan and supporting materials and documentation
- Work with Stripe’s engineering and data science teams to design, document and build Stripe’s target state architecture for capital planning and capital attribution
- Coordinate with regional treasury teams to support regional and legal entity specific capital planning processes
- Advise management on optimal capital structure, capital allocation strategies and related financing options through use of forecasting models and capital consumption analytics
- Assist in the recruitment and development of the capital management team
- Be a culture carrier and possess an entrepreneurial mindset to successfully drive capital efficiency initiatives across Stripe
- Provide analytical rigor, develop financial models to forecast and optimize capital utilization across - Stripe’s business units, geographies, and users
- Nurture deep, trusted partnerships with growth and product teams across Stripe to shape capital-efficient decision-making
- Partner closely with Stripe’s third party partners on optimizing our capital needs and cash cycles
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years of experience in one or more of: Treasury, capital management, stress testing, risk-based -pricing or funds transfer pricing
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships and lead cross-functional efforts with diverse stakeholders including finance, data science, engineering, risk and product teams
- An enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment
- The ability to work with and synthesize extremely large data sets
- An inclination to solve problems systematically via infrastructure and automation
- A builder’s mindset with a willingness to question assumptions and conventional wisdom
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with SQL or a willingness to learn is a strong plus
To apply, please include:
- A resume and LinkedIn profile
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.