Payment Partnerships Lead, APAC
Build high-impact partnerships with local/regional/global payment methods (wallets, direct debit, etc.) and local processors to help Stripe offer a wider range of PMs for our users, and grow our Global Payment and Treasury Network (GPTN).
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build economic infrastructure for internet businesses of every size in pursuit of this mission. The Partnerships team is responsible for developing, executing and managing partnerships that enable Stripe’s product and payments ecosystem. Today, Stripe is live in 40 markets and the Partnerships team is situated across multiple global offices to support Stripe’s growth around the world.
The APAC Partnerships team creates and manages relationships with Stripe’s partners worldwide in order to launch new or optimize existing products for Stripe users. This team drives strategies with financial institutions that will scale and differentiate Stripe’s financial infrastructure.
We are looking for a Payment Partnerships Lead who will deepen our most strategic relationships and develop/execute high-impact initiatives with external local, regional and global payment method partners and payment aggregators. These partnerships form the basis of Stripe’s product and as part of these efforts, this person will build internal business cases and identify product requirements, leading cross-functional teams and ensuring internal alignment. This will fit into a multi-year global strategic plan for Stripe with our payment method providers which this person will be instrumental in developing and executing.
In this role, you will lead a team whose main focus is to enable partnerships and operations related to one or more local, regional or global payment method providers and/or aggregators. Through developing relationships with important partner stakeholders, you will independently identify growth opportunities for Stripe and enable cross-functional projects. For these cross-functional projects, you will take a leadership role in driving the work cross-functionally and will secure the right level of support to execute partnerships initiatives. You will synthesize and interpret payments industry structures and trends to inform conversations with our users, and drive toward better outcomes for Stripe. In addition, you will help anticipate changes in partner strategies or policies that could impact our products or users, financial outcomes, or operations.
- Around 15 years of total work experience and at least 10+ years of APAC partnerships experience across multiple markets in APAC.
- Experience leading complex multi-year strategies and execution roadmaps, with proven experience both internally (influencing internal stakeholders) and externally (negotiating complex deals with partners).
- Experience partnering with payment method providers (local payment methods such as wallets, direct debit infrastructures, etc.), local processors, etc.
- Prior technical work experience, and a proven track record of working effectively in a product-centric environment with significant internal and external dependencies, leading and driving cross-functional projects
- A proven track record of partnering with external stakeholders to successfully identify and execute on growth opportunities
- Ability to independently drive negotiations to completion and identity blockers and potential tradeoffs
- Experience building and managing high impact teams
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with a scale mindset and focus on impact
- Sense of urgency to deliver impact for users or customers at scale, and ability to transition between work streams based on given priorities
- Proactively seeks and provides feedback from immediate team and wide range of stakeholders across the company
- Having a mindset of contributing to the success of the team and overall company, outside of individual goals and objectives
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.