Technology Finance & Strategy
Be instrumental in building an elite team driving strategy, planning, and analysis at Stripe!
Stripe builds the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than half of US internet users have purchased something from a Stripe user in the past year.
To further this important mission, we are looking for an insightful and analytical individual to be the financial and strategic partner to the technical teams that power Stripe. Your work will be instrumental to Stripe achieving its mission, be highly visible to Stripe leadership, and will drive key insights for Board discussions.
- Nurture deep, trusted partnerships with your respective technical teams, partnering closely with Stripe’s CTO and engineering and technical leaders across Stripe.
- Provide analytical rigor and bring strategic leadership to operational initiatives.
- Evaluate organizational tradeoffs in team planning, and be a key decision-maker in investment and operational strategies.
- Create the business case for investment in new technical services and initiatives, including creating build/buy analyses.
- Lead strategic and financial planning processes for your teams (e.g., Monthly Business Reviews, Forecasts, Annual Budget, and Long Range Plan).
- Develop and monitor critical success metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Drive continuous process improvement, standardization, simplification and reporting enhancements.
- Build and own scenario models for in-depth analyses, as well as ensure their quality, timeliness, and accuracy.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, including experience overseeing large infrastructure budgets for technology companies.
- Demonstrated abilities to ask the right questions and to use sound business judgment when collaborating with a wide-range of stakeholders.
- Proven proclivity for quickly identifying and methodically resolving potential road-blocks.
- A keen analytical eye, and extensive experience building integrated models from scratch (in Excel or other planning applications).
- The ability to maintain high-performance under tight timelines, and a “roll up your sleeves” mindset to get any job done.
- Direct experience analyzing and structuring enterprise cloud computing technology deals, with vendors such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a willingness to proactively work with functions across the company, including board members.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with and supporting a high-growth, scaling Technology organization.
- Oracle, Anaplan, or other equivalent application experience.
To apply, please send us:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.