Technical Program Manager, Stripe Platform
Stripe is hiring a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for the Stripe Platform Team.
We are looking for a seasoned Technical Program Manager to drive our cross-team development, as well as work across teams spanning the breadth of Stripe. We’re looking for people passionate about building highly performant and scalable platforms that can partner with engineering and product managers distilling down complexity to drive complex projects. This work is in large part about defining and evolving the technical foundation of Stripe. It requires technical experience and depth with complex projects, project management across cross-functional stakeholders, as well as strategic thinking and problem solving.
Qualifications for a strong candidate
- You have 8+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- You have experience leading initiatives with a global footprint having built products, APIs, SDKs, and complex systems/infrastructure at scale.
- You deeply understand the development lifecycle, release management and have dealt with the complexities of delivering world class solutions including version management.
- You have a track record of providing program management during all phases of software development from strategy to ship, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership.
- You work with teams to drive prioritization and build partnerships across boundaries.
- You are not satisfied with just delivering a program on time—you can lean into technical decisions, are discerning about product/infrastructure architecture and obsessed with quality, reliability & correctness.
- You look around the corners to anticipate potential blockers and navigate effectively
- Experience operating autonomously and leading large-scale effort across multiple teams and functions with stakeholders in different disciplines and across time zones
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, building strong relationships with stakeholders, executives and teams around the organization
- You can drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.