Technical Program Manager, EMEA
Stripe’s core mission is to reduce the barriers faced by large and emerging businesses around the world by abstracting away the complexities of payments. The Global team is responsible for building the payments products & infrastructure needed to launch new markets and process payments successfully around the world. This is one of the few places in the world where moving information literally means moving money.
As a technical program manager, you will be responsible for leading complex in-market initiatives, working across a multitude of functions at Stripe: launching new markets and payment methods, operationalizing licenses and developing new processes to improve compliance and fraud rates. As an active contributor to Stripe’s global strategy, your impact is felt across the company. You will identify alignment gaps across Stripe’s product portfolio. and spend a significant proportion of your time developing the capabilities of the team as a whole.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- You effectively lead functional and technical delivery of key team-, org-, and company-wide initiatives
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts, and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- You create thorough functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps
- You have the capacity to own and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- You help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives
- You have a history of developing and managing end-to-end project plans and ensuring on-time delivery
- You guide and manage agile methodologies to simplify project delivery
- You have a track record for driving process improvements across multiple teams and functions
- You enjoy working directly with users and solving their problems
- You do whatever it takes to make your team successful, no matter how big or small the issue may be
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for building empathy for user problems
- 3+ years of experience in an operational, product or project management role
- You have experience with payments-related products or with technical platforms
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfil its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people with a broad set of technical skills (and from a wide variety of backgrounds) who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and enabling entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We encourage all engineers to transition teams once every year and a half and also take on short-term projects with other teams across Stripe. This enables engineers to learn how different parts of Stripe work while also establishing stronger ties and cross-pollination between groups.
We contribute to existing open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release several tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.