Technical Program Manager, Banking & Financial Products
Stripe is hiring a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for Banking and Financial Products.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to drive our cross-team development, between the several nascent banking and financial product teams, as well as with the rest of Stripe. This work is in large part about evolving the technical foundation of Stripe to support and integrate these new products. It requires technical experience with complex infrastructure projects, project management across internal and external teams as well as strategic thinking and problem solving.
You will work with our Product, Engineering, Operations, Partnerships, Regulatory, Financial Crimes, Tax, Risk, and Global teams. This role will give you a unique opportunity to lay the foundations to help Stripe for years to come.
Qualifications for a strong candidate
- You have 8+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- You have a good understanding of (or want to learn!) banking and financial products
- You are not satisfied with just delivering a program on time—you are discerning about product/infrastructure architecture and obsessed with quality, reliability & correctness.
- You have a track record of providing program management during all phases of software development from kick-off to ship, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership.
- You have experience leading initiatives with a global footprint having built APIs, products, and complex systems/infrastructure at scale.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, building strong relationships with stakeholders, executives and teams around the organization
- You can drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.