Technical Operations - User Billing
Stripe’s infrastructure powers businesses all over the world. We process payments, run marketplaces, detect fraud, help entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world, build world-class developer-friendly APIs, and more.
User Billing provides a central entry point for Stripe products to monetize in global markets. It is ultimately responsible for the systems, programs, and operations that generate Stripe’s revenue and the economic models we have with our customers. This is accomplished through a sophisticated pricing onboarding tooling and workflow management, unified billing engine, and custom solutions for our largest enterprise users.
Our work is core to Stripe’s business. Millions of customers look at us for a reliable and frictionless billing experience with Stripe.
Technical Operations roles in User Billing are a dynamic and key component of Stripe’s success. Focused on serving Stripe customers, we sit at the intersection of product, sales, engineering, finance, and operations, acting as the connective tissues that ensure internal and external users receive user billing results accurately and timely.
- Collaborate across the company, including engineering, product, accounting, finance, sales, operations, to calculate the Stripe fees for the customers, often the largest, most complex, and strategic deals
- Become a domain expert on Stripe’s business economics, and consult others (e.g. sales and products) on questions like user billing capabilities and pricing structure support
- Introduce data and process efficiencies (such as setting up relevant metrics) to meet the scale and speed of Stripe
- Identify and automate operational processes to increase operational efficiency
- Scale our User Billing operation by driving the design, documentation, and training of operational processes and domain knowledge
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have at least 2+ years experience of writing complex SQL to query relational databases
- Can learn (and internalize) complex concepts and subjects quickly, and can articulate them to others clearly
- Have experience navigating the nuanced complexity of financial systems and solving large scale, technical challenges
- Have strong analytical skills to investigate, prioritize, and identify the root cause of non-trivial issues
- Have experience managing communications and workflows with technical and non-technical teams across internal and external stakeholders (including external vendors)
- Are comfortable operating independently and thrive in a fast-paced, results-focused environment, with an ability to establish priorities and reliably execute against time-sensitive deadlines
- Have experience managing multiple, concurrent work streams, keeping them on track and reporting on them crisply
- Can identify and triage technical issues and driving solutions with clear metrics to show impact
Additional nice-to-haves include:
- Experience in programming and/or scripting
- Familiarity with back-office processes for accounting and financial reporting
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.