Technical Operations, Money Movement
The Money Movement organization is working toward a future in which all of the complexity that comes with handling money (e.g. accepting different currencies, adopting new payment methods, integrating with hundreds of banks globally) is hidden from Stripe’s users. It is core to Stripe’s business and thousands of developers will use our platform and infrastructure to create valuable products and services that billions of people use.
Our team is responsible for building out the platform that powers money movement for all Stripe Products including Connect, Issuing, and Corporate Card. Ultimately, our goal is to increase the GDP of the internet by making it easy to build global products, services, and platforms that handle money.
The Recon Technical Operations function on Money Movement ensures timely delivery of accurate data between financial partners, internal stakeholders, and Stripe leaders. We report and trace all of Stripe’s money movement transactions, including payments in more than 30 currencies and dozens of countries. You’ll own building and scaling Stripe’s manual and programmatic financial reporting and reconciliation processes for intra-company and outgoing money movement transactions.
- Collaborate across the company, including engineering, accounting, financial partnerships and product teams, to analyze and account for billions of dollars moving through the Stripe platform.
- Introduce data and process efficiencies to meet the scale and speed of Stripe.
- Interface with Stripe’s financial partners across the world to drive alignment between their products and how Stripe uses them, and hold Stripe’s partners accountable to resolve day-to-day operational breakages.
- Identify and automate inefficient operational processes to reduce manual workloads
- Scale our recon operation by driving the design, documentation, and training of operational processes to leverage vendor relationships.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have at least 3+ years experience of writing SQL to query relational databases.
- Have experience navigating the nuanced complexity of financial systems and solving large scale, technical challenges.
- Have strong analytical skills to investigate, prioritize, and identify the root cause of issues.
- Have experience managing communications and workflows with technical and non-technical teams across internal and external stakeholders (including external financial partners and vendors).
- Are comfortable operating independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment to deliver results, with an ability to establish priorities and reliably execute against time-sensitive deadlines.
- Have experience managing multiple, concurrent work streams, identifying and triaging technical issues and driving solutions with clear metrics to show impact.
Additional nice-to-haves include:
- Experience in accounting, FP&A, or financial reporting
- Experience implementing or using programmatic approaches to reconciliation
- Familiarity with back-office processes for clearing, settlement, and cash conversion
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.