Technical Operations, Financial Data
As a platform company powering businesses all over the world, Stripe processes payments, runs marketplaces, detects fraud, helps entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Payments are Stripe’s core business: our payments infrastructure teams are responsible for processing and moving funds at large scale and with high accuracy. Within the growing payments infrastructure organization, the Financial Data team operates and scales financial reporting systems to ensure integrity of all downstream data consumers. We build platforms, tools, and products to ensure that Stripe’s financial data is complete, accurate, and timely. It supports data consumers like Accounting, Treasury, Revenue, and Cost. The use cases include reconciliation, financial forecasting, financial data analytics & business intelligence, compliance reporting, and auditing & compliance. Your focus will be on increasing Stripe’s programmatic financial reporting capabilities.
- Collaborate across the company, including engineering, accounting, financial partnerships and product teams, to analyze and account for billions of dollars moving through the Stripe platform
- Deliver accurate and timely data to partners, internal stakeholders, and Stripe leaders
- Design and scale future data systems to ensure data flowing through our partners, users, and Stripe’s own systems is reliable, timely, and accurate
- Introduce data and process efficiencies to meet the scale and speed of Stripe
- Interface with Stripe’s external partners across the world to drive alignment between their products and how Stripe uses them, and hold Stripe’s partners accountable to resolve day-to-day operational breakages
- Have at least 5 years experience working with complex database systems, strong knowledge of SQL, and experience with emerging big data languages or platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Python)
- Have experience managing multiple, concurrent work streams, identifying and triaging technical issues and driving solutions
- Be detail-oriented, comfortable navigating the nuanced complexity of financial systems and solving large scale, technical challenges
- Desire to operate at the nexus of engineering, business, operations, and product
- Be comfortable to operate independently and thrive in a fast paced environment to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Be comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be comfortable coordinating projects across multiple internal and external stakeholders with clear metrics to show impact
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Be comfortable reading and understanding technical specifications from partners
Additional nice-to-haves would be:
- Familiarity with back-office processes for clearing, settlement and cash conversion (direct experience with card-based networks a plus)
- Experience working with disputes and/or card network costs
- Academic background or work experience in accounting, FP&A, or financial reporting
- Experience implementing or using programmatic approaches to reconciliation
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.