Customer Solutions Engineer
Technical expertise dedicated to Stripe’s largest customers.
Stripe’s Customer Solutions Engineer team bridges the gap between engineering and business, working with our largest and most complex customers to develop technical solutions which enable them to grow their businesses. Stripe customers are an extremely diverse group — from the fastest growing technology-driven startups, to more traditional enterprises building complex payment systems. You are the customer’s internal advocate and are responsible for understanding their technical needs, driving adoption of Stripe products, and working across internal product teams to help build the next generation of customer-focused payment tools.
Core Responsibilities of a Customer Solutions Engineer are to:
- Become an expert on Stripe’s APIs and how to best deploy them.
- Work hand-in-hand across Stripe’s Sales and Customer Success organizations to help Stripe customers integrate with our APIs and products.
- Own and drive relationships with external technical audiences of all kinds — from engineer to executive — in order to understand business objectives and translate requirements into solutions.
- Be the technical relationship owner and subject-matter expert with the customer, following the integration and deployment project cycle.
- Educate customer technical teams on Stripe products.
- Gather customer requirements and work closely with product engineering to synthesize and execute resolution.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A great communicator – comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Empathetic, collaborative, communicative, and consultative.
- Interested in solving open ended business problems with a combination of technology and creative thinking.
- Experienced working with customers through technical project execution.
- Able to travel up to 20%.
As a Customer Solutions Engineer, you’ll be expected to:
- Read code in a few programming languages and be open to learning new languages and technologies.
- Integrating Stripe or other RESTful APIs into web applications.
- Working in a customer-facing role.
- Thrive in a cross-functional, collaborative environment.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.