Software Engineer (Content Platform), Web Presence
Help build the infrastructure that powers Stripe.com
There are far too many barriers to doing business online. Stripe was founded to overcome them—to increase the GDP of the Internet—and we think that achieving this is a problem rooted not just in finance, but in creativity of code and design.
Stripe.com amounts to what is, for many, their first impression of Stripe. We want to make every pixel count, we want it to be enthralling, and we want to help other Stripes seamlessly benefit from our systematic work.
The Content Platform team represents the part of Web Presence around performance, efficiency, and reliability. We own the integration with our headless CMS to allow colleagues throughout the company to publish and edit stripe.com and other sites. We build tooling to enable our designers and engineers to make the moments on our site that inform and inspire. We make sure content is available in every language and market we support while facilitating how our translators do their job. We do all of this with an eye toward ensuring our sites are blazing fast and rock solid stable.
We’re excited to tell the world about all the things Stripe is up to. Our goal is to do that as fast as possible without our users having to compromise. We’re looking for full stack engineers who are interested in the point where design, code and content converge. We hope that’s you.
About the role
As an engineer on Content Platform, you’ll build out integrations with our various systems such as our headless CMS and translation management system, help build our performant rendering stack, tailor our CI, and design and build self-serve tooling components. You’ll work on some of the most venturesome sites and projects on the Internet to help us communicate what Stripe is all about, like stripe.com/billing and stripe.com/connect. You may even work on stripe.com/jobs. The frameworks you help build will be used by non-technical partners to allow them to build pages that are high quality and error-free by default.
You’ll architect your work with rendering performance and scalability in mind, and implement abstractions that other engineers consume and build upon. At other times you’ll work closely with folks in our Experiences group to scope and implement infrastructure and tooling that helps other people build pages using your code.
- Help shape our content infrastructure to support Stripe.com and other Stripe properties.
- Write code that wires together our translation management system, front-end components and content with scale and performance in mind.
- Help other engineers on the team architect and implement the tools and infrastructure which powers Stripe’s go-to-market plans.
- [If a remote candidate] Have prior experience as a remote member of a distributed team.
- Help you focus on what you do best, and give you the opportunities to sharpen the skills you’re looking to develop.
- Provide an environment in which you can thrive both as an individual, and as a member of a diverse community.
- Give you the agency in your work to shape outcomes you can proudly own.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy enabling others to better do their jobs by virtue of creating great software & tooling.
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before.
- Love being a part of the creative process even if you yourself are not often designing or animating frontend components personally.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A zeal for the web as a storytelling medium, demonstrable through a history of high-profile and/or high-traffic websites where you have worked to separate content from layout using techniques like content management or static site builders.
- 4+ years of relevant web full-stack or SSR development for marketing websites at a tech-forward, product-driven company.
- A demonstrable ability to communicate your software architecture designs using documentation and crisp visualization.
- Experience building public facing websites that work elegantly across commonly used browsers.
You should include these in your application:
- An online portfolio or compendium of example web projects you’ve built.
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences.
- A short paragraph on why you’ll flourish at Stripe.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.