Support Specialist, Priority Operations
As a part of our growing, global Support Specialist team, you’ll spend most of your time interacting directly with our users and ensuring that they have a stellar Stripe experience. Many of our Support Specialist team members grow to specialize in focus areas like risk, enterprise, sales, and product.
If you’re constantly curious, a strong writer, and a fast researcher, we want to hear from you!
- Spend the majority of your time interacting with users by email, chat, and occasionally by phone
- Optimize our internal and external documentation and processes surrounding a host of products
- Work closely with other teams to improve our product offerings and messaging around new products
- Spend some time analyzing our processes and instigating changes to help scale our operations
- Gain unique insights into how thousands of businesses on Stripe scale and operate
- Have an opportunity to learn how Stripe operates from the ground up and make a real impact on the future of the organization
We’re looking for someone who:
- Enjoys writing and doing so quickly and clearly; you need to be fluent and highly proficient in English
- Enjoys talking about technical concepts, has great analytical skills, and will be comfortable explaining how Stripe works to a range of audiences
- Can empathize with users and quickly grasp the issues they’re facing
- Enjoys the puzzle of solving open-ended problems
- Loves constantly learning about a changing technical product, even when it’s a little out of your depth
- Enjoys leveraging data to make decisions and get to the root cause of customer needs; experience with SQL is a big plus!
- Is happy to take on new projects, which can sometimes involve quickly researching to become a subject matter expert while seeing things through to completion
- Is able to work at least one weekend day per week (twice a quarter) - you’ll be able to take a week day off in lieu
- Is comfortable working on a permanently remote team as a part of Stripe’s growing remote hub. Experience in a remote role prior to COVID-19 is a plus but not required
You should include these in your application:
- Your background and accomplishments
- Why you want to work in this role
- Languages you’d be comfortable communicating in beyond English, if any
- Your answer to the following: given free rein, what are one or two improvements you would have made to the processes at a company or organization where you have worked? How would you assess if the change(s) was (were) successful?
This role is location-flexible anywhere in the United States except the San Francisco Bay Area, the New York City metro area, Chicago, Delaware or New Mexico.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.