Strategy and Operations, Stripe Payments
Make the complex world of money movement feel simple.
We accept, manage, and payout money across many countries, currencies, and payment methods. Millions of businesses, from startups to the Fortune 100, expect Stripe to be reliable, fast, secure, and effortlessly work at scale. We handle hundreds of billions of dollars every year.
Strategy and Operations works cross-functionally within our group and across Stripe to drive business growth and run complex programs. We lead mission-critical, cross-functional efforts, deliver objective analysis and insights, incubate new roles, and execute on strategic initiatives. You may dig into winning new market segments, design new business systems and processes to scale our group, help us build and launch new products, or unlock new revenue opportunities.
Whatever it is, we work on what will move the needle most for Stripe. We care about results, not activity, and we have fun doing it. If you like hard problems, are analytical, and are an amazing teammate, we want to hear from you!
In this role you will:
- Own key payments programs with critical business metrics
- Help identify and implement new product and business opportunities
- Work with product to prioritize and launch products most important to our segments.
- Design and implement complex business and operational systems and processes
- Perform analyses and research that help us make the right growth decisions for Stripe
- Track projects, timelines and commitments on internal projects and customer deliverables
You might be a fit if:
- You get a kick out of digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results.
- You enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on complex projects.
- You have a proven track record for working well across teams and with external partners.
- You are low ego and have a knack for working well with a wide range of people.
- You excel in analytics and problem solving.
- You have a process-oriented mindset and ability to lead people to get things done.
- You have experience in a highly strategic, analytical and operational role in fast-paced environments.
- You have experience in product or project management, taking initiatives from conception to launch.
- You have 6-10+ years of experience in consulting or comparable role in high growth tech companies
Nice to have (or excited to learn):
- Experience with SQL or a willingness/aptitude to learn.
- CS background or affinities.
- Experience in a ‘Chief of Staff’ role with a senior executive.
- Experience in a high growth technology company.
- Experience in the payments space.
- Experience in strategy consulting or finance.
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for our team.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.