Strategy and Operations Lead, Banking and Financial Products
B&FP’s vision is to enable Stripe’s users to run their financial life on the Stripe platform. We are building a suite of financial products including Capital, Corporate card, Treasury, and embedded third party products. This group will establish Stripe as the financial hub for our user’s financial lives, enabling them to move quicker, make smarter decisions, and focus their efforts on building their business.
This role is an opportunity to help build and lead one of the fastest growing product areas at Stripe. Strategy and Operations leads the business side of our products and works closely with our engineering and PM leads. They also work cross functionally within our group and across Stripe to drive and enable the growth of the business. We’re looking for a business leader to define our business strategy, scale our existing products, incubate new products, and grow a team responsible for driving execution for our B&FP products.
- Build and manage the Strategy and operations team working on this suite of products
- Identify and implement new opportunities for our group’s products, or for new products
- Work with product to prioritize and launch products most important to our segments
- Design and implement the business and operational systems and processes that help us scale within Stripe
- Perform analyses and research that help us make the right growth decisions for Stripe
- Incubate and help run new teams
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to align and enhance all efforts around this product area
- Work closely with our Business Leads, and Stripe leadership more broadly
We are looking for someone who has:
- 15+ years of experience in a product role and 8+ years of people management experience
- Partnered closely with engineers, designers, and business areas to build surprisingly great products
- Entrepreneurial experience and can operate at scale—enjoys moving quickly on new, green-field products
- Obsession with users, details, and building best in class solutions
- Process-oriented mindset and ability to lead people to drive results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Determination to solve any problem and do whatever it takes to make your product and team successful
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.