Strategic Workplace Designer
Help create an amazing Workplace experience at Stripe!
We’re looking for an organized, flexible, and detail-oriented person who’s enthusiastic for both the practical and creative elements of strategic workplace design and space planning. Stripe is a rapidly growing company, and our Strategic Workplace Designer will play a critical role in designing, managing and maximizing efficient workspace utilization across our global facilities. In this role, you’ll have the unique opportunity to scale and shape Stripe’s workplace environment while working collaboratively with stakeholders from across the company.
- Meet with internal stakeholders to gain an understanding of their needs in order to develop and present new workplace solutions that respond to each team’s unique programmatic requirements.
- Own and maintain our Workplace Design Guidelines documentation, keeping it updated to capture lessons learned from completed projects and data gathered from Workplace Strategy initiatives.
- Develop and document processes and procedures related to workplace design, space planning and move execution; clearly delineate roles and responsibilities.
- Guide the Workplace design process from start to finish with internal and external partners. This will include, but is not limited to, guidance during programming, space planning, 3D design, material and finish selections, FF&E specification, and construction administration oversight with a focus on maintaining a consistent design language across locations.
- Demonstrate creativity and flexibility in design while adhering to project budgets and schedules.
- Develop presentations for stakeholders and senior management as needed, including renderings, material and finish palette selections, and FF&E items.
- Provide guidance related to the execution of internal moves, supporting furniture installations, and office relocations in partnership with colleagues on the Workplace Operations team.
- Build strong relationships with vendors; maintain best-in-class service whether issues are resolved in-house or by one of our partners.
- Help select and implement tools and vendor partnerships in support of rapid scaling.
- Design and ship post-move and post-occupancy surveys; continually iterate on and document learnings. Support and build upon Stripe’s existing space planning philosophy.
- Create and maintain accurate floor-plan drawings for all of Stripe’s global offices.
- Provide guidance and offer smart, simple solutions in support of occupancy requirements, asset utilization, operational efficiency, and service delivery.
You should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (a focus in Architecture or interior design is preferred).
- 5-7+ years work experience in two or more of the following:
- a) Workplace programming and design
- b) Architectural finish and FF&E selection and value engineering
- c) space planning
- d) facilities planning
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across the organization with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in architectural and engineering drawings, concepts & design and an understanding of the architectural project process
- Understanding of the architectural project process and how specifications and design elections impact the overall project budget.
- Detailed understanding of integrating and coordinating MEP systems, lighting, air quality, and sound into the built environment.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Passion for researching and learning about workplace trends, including workplace strategy and furniture systems, and translating them into Workplace Design Standards.
- Deep empathy and a strong orientation towards serving your customers.
- An orientation toward rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
- A driving need to deliver the best possible workplace experience—you may have been called a perfectionist more than once or twice.
- Experience with CAFM software, space management systems, and relational database functionality a plus.
To apply, please include:
- Resume, sample design portfolio and LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.