Head of Third Party Engagements
Stripe is building a world class Third Party Management team that strives to maximize value for the organization by employing a comprehensive approach to engaging with third parties under common principles and regulatory requirements. We’re looking for a senior leader to join our Source-to-Pay team and help us optimize how we manage supplier relationships holistically. A key element of this role will be to build friction-free processes for internal business partners to secure the products and services they need.
The Head of Third Party Engagements will be a trusted business partner across Stripe to drive early and active participation across the full lifecycle of the supplier. This will include risk management, sourcing strategies, contract negotiations, contract preparation/review/analysis, and supplier onboarding and termination.
- Partner with business stakeholders, third-parties and subject matter experts (security, compliance, legal, etc.) to ensure program and processes are successfully executed
- Help implement a structured model for managing critical and high spend suppliers.
- Lead cross functional sourcing and supplier management programs which deliver cost savings and value
- Be an active champion across the company supporting and evangelizing our third party risk programs
- Create and deliver on strategic sourcing management goals including cost savings and spend under management and implement any necessary process enhancements to ensure that those goals are achieved
- Develop and execute a roadmap for Third Party Engagements including resource needs and technology requirements
- Participate in establishing short-term and long range planning and budget development of the company to support strategic business goals
- Develop and regularly publish relevant KPI trends and supplier management insights for Finance leadership
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience in third party risk, vendor management with strategic sourcing capabilities a distinct advantage
- Led high-impact programs with clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed success criteria)
- In-depth knowledge of the compliance or third party landscape as it relates to FinTech and understanding of GDPR and Business Continuity best practices
- Has excellent presentation, communication and influencing skills with conviction to speak their mind amongst executives
- Strong knowledge of technologies in the 3rd party management ecosystem (CLM, e-sourcing, GRC, spend analytics, etc.)
- Ability to work independently in a scaling and rapidly changing environment
- A strong work ethic based on a desire to exceed expectations
- Ability to partner cross-functionally across the breadth of Stripe teams
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to evaluate business value against supplier risks
Nice to haves:
- Global Sourcing experience, project management skills
- History of scaling procurement expertise through stakeholder training and development of effective process changes
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.