Startup Sales Manager
In this role you will lead a team of high-performing Account Executives, helping them to develop their skills and deliver on their ambitious targets, as well as roll your sleeves up to work directly with customers.
We are looking for a proactive leader who has demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity, operating in a high-growth environment, managing high-performing teams and solving problems with limited oversight. Ideal candidates will have experience scaling and managing a technology sales team, and possess first-class analytical, communication and relationship-building skills.
In this role you will:
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of Account Executives, with a particular focus on small and medium, high-growth, tech-forward businesses in the UK and Ireland.
- Work with senior leadership to develop the long-term vision and strategy for the team and manage day-to-day operations, with a focus on performance against key sales and growth metrics.
- Be accountable for increasing revenue and new client acquisition at high rates of growth.
- Coach and guide the team in developing consultative and solution-based skills through all facets of the sales cycle.
- Play a personal and direct role in building and maintaining enduring customer relationships, up to C-level.
- Inspire, motivate and enable personal- and career-development of team members, both to promote career growth and to increase impact for Stripe.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally across the organisation to help shape Stripe’s products and solutions to meet customer needs. In particular, this will involve working with the extended EU sales team in Dublin, as well as globally.
- Participate in industry events to help support positive market awareness.
We are looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of sales experience and 5+ years of people management experience.
- Experience leading sales and operations in a high-growth technology environment across a range of customer segments
- Ability to hire, train and coach a high-performance team.
- Ability to build strategic executive relationships with customers and industry thought leaders.
- Demonstrated passion for startups and new technology businesses.
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts, and translate them into industry- or business-relevant terms.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- Prior experience leading a team in an international office of a US HQ’d company.
- Prior experience in the payments industry.
You should include these in your application:
- A current resume and LinkedIn profile.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.