Staff PGM, Strategic Programs
Staff PGM, Strategic Programs
The mission of the Corporate Technology organization is to be Stripe’s strategic technology partner. We are focused on increasing business velocity through tooling, services, and infrastructure that enables Stripe to scale and increase the GDP of the internet.
Within Corporate Technology, we are focused on partnering with our business customers to help them prosper. Our strategic initiatives are a foundational part of these partnerships, delivering the technology they need to increase their velocity and impact. We are looking for a seasoned program manager to work with stakeholders from across the business and partner with program managers within Corporate Technology to deliver these high impact, cross-functional initiatives. The ideal candidate must be an effective communicator, be highly effective in planning, prioritization, and in resource and budget-management. The position of Staff PGM, Strategic Programs will serve as a critical partner coordinating and connecting teams and work streams to ensure the Corporate Technology is moving with purpose and impact in alignment with our customers. We’re looking for an individual with demonstrated experience developing and optimizing processes, achieving operational goals, and diving into problems with a data-driven mentality. If you are a candidate who has the vision of what could be, who has the ability to cultivate relationships, and a belief in drive impact then you may be the ideal person for this position.
- Lead and manage strategic planning sessions, cross-functional prioritization, and guide the Corporate technology leadership team during resource allocations
- Lead a biweekly strategic initiative status reviews, from which we generate stakeholder and executive communications and updates
- Drive execution of multiple simultaneous, cross-functional projects and/or programs
- Proactively make adjustments or prioritization to course-correct programs that are in jeopardy, and communicate those updates to the correct stakeholders
- Interface with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders and teams across the organization including, partner with Finance and Strategy to track and manage budget and spend across strategic initiatives
- Partner with the organization to propose, refine, and implement process improvements and drive efficiencies
- Foster a collaborative environment where differing perspectives are encouraged, acknowledged
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 8+ years of experience in operations consulting / strategy / stakeholder management or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience in program management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead complex strategic and operational initiatives.
- Strong executive communication skills: exceptional writing skills. Effective communication in written and verbal form
- Ability to define metrics for success, track KPIs towards those metrics and experience analyzing and proposing data-driven solutions. This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs
- You’re a self-starter who loves to own things from start to completion. You make things happen and don’t need to ask for permission first
- Strong business acumen with the ability to identify strategic needs, lead all aspects of planning with sound business recommendations, and generate alignment with key business partners
- Forward-thinking strategist with proven success in translating strategy to tactical plans with high-quality execution and delivery.
- A healthy skepticism for the status quo and an unwillingness to settle
- An empathetic leader style and have a strong self-awareness
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.