Staff Engineer, Treasury
Help build banking-as-a-service infrastructure for Stripe’s biggest users.
Treasury is a banking-as-a-service API that lets platforms and marketplaces embed financial services for their customers. With a single Stripe integration, users can enable their customers to hold funds, pay bills, earn interest, and manage cash flow. We have an ambitious goal to allow global businesses to run their entire financial life cycle on Stripe, and Treasury is a crucial piece of that strategy.
- Identify, scope, and lead large technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products to iteratively evolve and scale
- Advise Stripe leadership on key technology and product roadmap considerations
- Align our technical decisions with Stripe’s broad strategic initiatives, while also advocating for needs specific to emerging new businesses
- Work with engineers across the company to understand when existing infrastructure can be leveraged vs. when building a bespoke solution is prudent
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation
- Teach and mentor both individual contributors and managers to become the next generation of leaders at Stripe. As a senior member on a new team, you will be looked to for guidance
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A strong technical background, including 10+ years of experience designing and engineering large-scale systems
- Comfort working on a new product under fluid conditions, seamlessly balancing tactical and strategic considerations
- Served as the technical lead and defined the roadmap for complex projects spanning multiple teams and functions
- Measure your success in terms of business impact, not lines of code
- Internalized the best ideas from across the organization, humbly setting a vision that others are excited to get behind
- Worked well cross-functionally and earn trust from co-workers at all levels. You are often cited as the inspiration for engineers that join your team
- Senior engineers feel they are able to learn from you. You care deeply about mentorship and growing engineers and managers
- Prefers simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale
- Enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise. Engineering works closely with a variety of teams: Sales and Support to better understand our customers’ needs, Legal and Accounting to understand how global policies influence our money-moving infrastructure, etc.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.