Staff Engineer, Application Security Foundations
On the Security Application Foundations team, your work will be a critical part of accomplishing this mission.
Together, we’ll help engineers apply best security practices by providing easy to use, secure by design libraries, frameworks and services that enforce security guarantees in Stripe’s product foundations, with the steady support of our leadership team and peers.
- Be a leader of strategy and planning. Scope and lead large technical projects with enormous impact across many teams that will advance Stripe’s product security beyond state of the art
- Design, build, and maintain the core product security frameworks, services and APIs used by all of Stripe’s product engineering teams
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Arbitrate critical decisions correctly considering software best practices, system realities, and numerous stakeholders’ concerns
- Own charter-level metrics and goals
- Mentor and develop other technical leaders; creating opportunities for those around you.
- Autonomously choose to work on problems which bring high leverage to yourself and Stripe
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A strong technical background, including 8+ years of experience with software engineering, architecture and systems design
- Been a Staff, Principal, or Distinguished Engineer
- Empathy, strong communication skills and a deep respect for the power of collaboration
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience
- The ability to drive clear next steps when encountering ambiguous spaces without clear lines of ownership
- High standards for code quality and a constructive attitude to help others raise the bar
- An ability to think creatively and holistically about reducing risk in a complex environment
- Security experience is a plus but not at all a requirement
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.