Staff Engineer, SaaS Security
Help secure Stripe, our users, and the internet.
Staff Security Engineers at Stripe are leveraging their technical knowledge and applying their leadership skills to impact the way we scale security across our ecosystem. We’ve been trusted with some of our customer’s most sensitive information, and we make security a first-class consideration in everything we do.
SaaS Security will be responsible for protecting Stripe and our users throughout the many integrations and deployments we utilize. We have a high security bar for our own systems and this team will play a critical role in ensuring our SaaS integrations meet that bar. As a foundational technical resource, staff engineers will be pivotal in defining how the team and its capabilities are scaled and leveraged.
We’re looking for engineers with experience building security into complex integrations, with a background in distributed systems and interest in tackling security challenges at accelerating velocity and scale. If you enjoy setting technical direction, have an eye for details and an enthusiasm for problem solving, we’d love to talk.
- Work to limit security exposure in our integration and deployment strategies at Stripe
- Establish and uphold high security standards through rigor and consistency for Stripe and its SaaS partners
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Stripe’s engineering teams
- Build, refine, and leverage your security expertise on the job
- Introduce security standards that are enforced through robust documentation and empathetic guidance
- Mentor and foster an environment of growth for the team
You may be additive to our team if you:
- Enjoy solving problems, and seeing projects through to completion
- Take delight in crafting great, easy-to-use abstractions and find innovative ways of increasing adoption of these tools
- Reason clearly about security and product tradeoffs, while also balancing such priorities and decisions
- Find improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes rewarding
- Are a team builder and talent magnet
- Lead with empathy, have strong communication skills, and a deep respect for the power of collaboration
- High standards for code quality and a constructive attitude to help others raise the bar
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.