Staff Engineer, Reliability
Stripe powers businesses all over the world. We process payments, run marketplaces, detect fraud, help entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world, build world-class developer-friendly APIs, and more. The reliability of our systems are essential to ensure that our users can confidently depend on Stripe to grow and run their businesses.
We’re looking for an experienced technical leader to join Reliability and support large, cross-organizational initiatives to improve the robustness and resilience of our systems. In this role you’ll help all of engineering by identifying, creating, and deploying engineering practices, processes, and solutions that will be leveraged by the whole organization to improve reliability.
- Work with leaders and engineers across the company to understand and identify opportunities to improve Stripe’s reliability and resiliency posture
- Scope, design, implement, and deploy robust solutions that make the appropriate tradeoffs between reliability, resiliency, engineering velocity, and performance
- Solve complicated problems that exist at the intersection of technology, scale, and people
- Have a strong understanding of reliability practices, distributed systems, and cloud native architectures
- Mentor and grow the next generation of technical leaders at Stripe, and have a strong history of mentorship in previous roles
- Have at least 10+ years of software development experience in a scaled organization
You might be a fit for this role if you:
- Have experience planning and driving large projects involving multiple stakeholders across an organization
- Have experience working as an SRE for critical systems
- Have the ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy, responsibility, and think of yourself as entrepreneurial
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.