Staff Engineer, Radar Machine Learning
We’re looking for people with a strong background and passion in building successful backend systems, services and APIs that deliver impactful product values to our customers. You are comfortable in dealing with changes. You love to take initiatives, and bias towards action.
- Create long term technical vision for the organization, and identify paths to deliver value in shorter term phases
- Architect and design systems with cross-team and cross-organization impact
- Design, build, and maintain scalable, reliable and performant services and systems
- Make significant hands-on contributions to deliver critical projects and bring value to customers
- Lead by example to uphold high engineering standards, and elevate quality and engineering efficiency across Stripe
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization including dependency engineering teams, product, design, infrastructure and operations
- Mentor engineers in their technical careers to help them grow
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 7 years of professional software development experience
- Strong expertise in large scale distributed system designs
- Strong experience in successful delivery of high quality production services and systems
- Experience in technically leading complex projects that involve multiple engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience in upleveling engineering best practices and creating technical efficiencies across teams
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Enjoyment in working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise
Nice to haves:
- Experience with or interest in ML, which powers many of the products we work on
- Experience in payments and/or fraud
- You should include these in your application:
- Your resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A 1-2 paragraph summary of your favorite project from any of your work or personal experiences
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
Stripe is, at its heart, an engineering company. To provide a missing pillar of core internet infrastructure, we hire people from various backgrounds with broad technical skills. Stripes take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry – from reliably handling 100M API requests per day, to building adaptive machine learning as a result of years of data science and infrastructure work, and empowering entrepreneurs worldwide to start a global internet business.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We contribute to open-source projects and the people working on them, and we release tools as open-source.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues well. The kind of people who commit to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a diverse organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.