Staff Engineer, Dashboard Next - Barcelona
- Identify, scope, and lead large technical projects, laying the groundwork for building the foundations of the Stripe UI platform.
- Advise Stripe leadership on key technology and product roadmap considerations.
- Align our technical decisions with Stripe’s broad strategic initiatives, while also advocating for needs specific to the Stripe UI platform.
- Work with engineers across the company to understand when existing infrastructure can be leveraged vs. when building a bespoke solution is prudent.
- Develop and execute against both short- and long-term roadmaps. Make effective tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation.
- Teach and mentor both individual contributors and managers to become the next generation of leaders at Stripe. As a senior member on a new team, you will be looked to for guidance.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- You have a strong technical background, including 10+ years of experience designing and engineering large-scale systems.
- You are comfortable working on a new product under fluid conditions, seamlessly balancing tactical and strategic considerations.
- You have served as the technical lead and defined the roadmap for complex projects spanning multiple teams and functions.
- You measure your success in terms of business impact, not lines of code.
- You internalize the best ideas from across the organization, humbly setting a vision that others are excited to get behind.
- You work well cross-functionally and earn trust from co-workers at all levels. You are often cited as the inspiration for engineers that join your team.
- Senior engineers feel they are able to learn from you. You care deeply about mentorship and growing engineers and managers.
- You prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale.
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different areas of expertise. Engineering works closely with a variety of teams: Sales and Support to better understand our customers’ needs, Legal and Accounting to understand how global policies influence our money-moving infrastructure, etc.
Projects your teams may work on:
- Designing and building the foundations of the Stripe UI platform.
- Contributing to the overall software architecture of Stripe UI products.
- Creating a contribution process by which new use cases and capabilities can be reviewed, revised, and incorporated to the platform.
- Building internal tooling and process to support developers building on your platform.
- Working with stakeholders to instrument, measure, and improve the quality, reliability, and utility of your work.
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.