Staff Engineer, Conversion Insights & Experimentation
Stripe was founded to make it easier for developers to accept payments. We’ve made big strides towards that vision but our ambition is to go much further and accelerate increasing the GDP of the internet. We are building out Conversion Insights and Experimentation to enable Stripe to innovate rapidly by enabling new payment experiences that drive conversion and revenue for our merchants.
Conversion Insights & Experimentation at Stripe is an exciting mix of product engineering, system design and data science. We will build the platform to enable launching new payment experiments quickly and safely across web, mobile and API integrations, while also easily communicating the learnings with our merchants. Over time we will build the engine that leverages machine learning to power an optimized end to end checkout experience for merchants and their customers.
We are looking for an engineering leader to drive the technical vision and design, leveraging their prior experience building out experimentation platforms and machine learning to hit the ground running. This role is critical not only for Stripe but also for our merchants who are counting on us to drive conversion through our payment products.
- Lead the design and implementation of the conversion insights and experimentation platform
- Build and evolve tools that enable us to evaluate and interpret experimental data at scale including optimization across web and mobile surfaces
- Partner with product managers and data scientists to define the technical roadmap and vision of experimentation at Stripe
- Be actively involved in driving towards optimizing conversion
- Debug production issues across service and multiple levels of the stack
- Shape and evolve the culture of experimentation across Stripe
- Advise Stripe’s leadership team on key technical considerations related to the future of our technology stack and product roadmap
- Teach and mentor the next generation of technical leaders at Stripe
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have a strong technical depth, including 10+ years of experience with architectural patterns of large complex applications
- Have developed experiment systems previously especially bridging client-side and server-side experimentation
- Are familiar with key concepts in Statistics, Data Science and Machine Learning
- Work seamlessly across the stack spanning API integrations as well as end-user experiences
- Set a technical vision that others are excited to get behind
- Prefer simple solutions over complex ones especially ones that iteratively evolve and scale
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.