Staff Engineer, Access & Attribution
As a global platform company, Stripe processes payments, runs marketplaces, detects fraud, and helps entrepreneurs start an internet business from anywhere in the world. Our success depends on building the best payments system possible for our merchants, when our merchants succeed we succeed. As a Staff Engineer on the Access and Attribution team, you will help lead the team to build and expand services and libraries used to access, manipulate and lifecycle data stored by Stripe.
The team is fundamentally responsible for everything S3 at Stripe. There is a lot to unpack there but fundamentally this team is responsible for building and maintaining the services and libraries that Stripe uses to access, manipulate, and lifecycle data in S3. There is a significant amount of engineering (design and coding) necessary to make this a reality both in maintaining an existing (but new) codebase and building new services and features.
As the Staff Engineer for Access & Attribution you will:
- Scope and lead large technical projects with enormous impact for Engineers within Stripe.
- Build and maintain the infrastructure which powers the core of Stripe.
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make in building these products. In many cases, you will be the decision maker.
- Directly contribute to core interface design and write code.
- Serve as a role model for how great software should be written for Stripe as a whole.
- Arbitrate critical decisions correctly that fully consider software best practices, Stripe system realities, and numerous stakeholders’ preferences and concerns.
- Advise Stripe’s leadership team on key technical considerations related to data storage and access within Stripe.
- Work effectively cross functionally.
- Teach and mentor the next generation of technical leaders at Stripe.
You may be a fit if:
- You have a strong technical background, including 8+ years of experience with system architecture and API design at a top tier software company.
- You have been a Staff, Principal, or Distinguished Engineer at a top tier company.
- You have served as the technical lead for a team of engineers and can demonstrate broad technical leadership.
- You have owned the technical roadmap for a business area.
- You listen well and internalize the best ideas from all over the organization while also setting a vision that others are excited to get behind.
- You work well cross-functionally and your co-workers at all levels and across all teams trust you.
- You are often cited as the inspiration for engineers that join your teams. Even senior engineers feel that they’re able to learn from you.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.