Sales Manager, Startups and SMB
As a SMB / Startups Sales Manager at Stripe, you will play an instrumental role in fueling Stripe’s growth through new customer acquisition. In this role, you will build and lead a team of high-performing Account Executives, helping them to develop their skills and deliver on their ambitious targets, as well as rolling your sleeves up to work directly with customers. We are looking for a proactive leader who has demonstrated success dealing with ambiguity, operating in a high-growth environment, managing high-performing teams and solving complicated problems with limited oversight. Ideal candidates will have management and leadership experience scaling a technology sales team and possess first-class analytical, communication and relationship-building skills.
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of Account Executives who focus on small and medium, high-growth, tech-forward businesses
- Work with senior leadership to develop the long-term vision and strategy for the team, and manage day-to-day operations with a focus on performance against key sales and growth metrics
- Be accountable for increasing revenue and new client acquisition at high rates of growth
- Coach and guide the team in developing consultative and solution-based sales skills
- Inspire, motivate and enable development of team members to promote career growth and impact for Stripe
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally across the organization to help shape Stripe’s products and solutions to meet customer needs
- Play a personal and direct role in building and maintaining enduring customer relationships, up to C-level.
- Implement programs to improve pipeline generation efforts and improve overall efficiency for the team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with 4+ years of people management experience preferred
- Experience leading sales in an early stage, high-growth technology environment
- Ability to hire, train and coach a high-performance sales team
- Ability to build relationships with strategic client and industry thought leaders
- Demonstrated passion for start-ups and new technology businesses
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts, and translate them into industry- or business-relevant terms
- Strong understanding of the sales process, including prospecting, discovery, qualification, close plans, forecasting.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Prior experience forecasting and managing a high growth commercial business
- Prior experience running complex sales cycles, ideally with both commercial and enterprise size companies
- Prior experience leading a team in an office outside of the company headquarters
- Prior experience in the payments industry and/or fintech.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.