Software Engineer, Security Identity
Stripe will succeed at our mission of increasing the GDP of the internet only if we prove ourselves worthy of our users’ trust.
As a Software Engineer on the Security Identity team, your work will be a critical part of accomplishing this mission. Our team is responsible for providing strong authentication and authorization to Stripe data and services. We ensure access is provided following the principle of Least Privilege with a seamless permission user experience that fades into the background.
Together, we will build reliable, comprehensible, and observable security into Stripe’s foundations, with the steady support of our leadership team and peers.
- Design, build, and operate the core security framework and infrastructure used by all of Stripe’s engineering teams
- Design and build solutions that will advance Stripe’s security beyond the state of the art, such as authorization framework, access control systems, cryptographic access tokens, and secure by default libraries
- Make impactful decisions about systems and security — their edge cases, failure modes, and life cycles
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Empathy, strong communication skills and a deep respect for the power of collaboration
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience
- The ability to drive clear next steps when encountering ambiguous spaces without clear lines of ownership
- High standards for code quality and a constructive attitude to help others raise the bar
- Software engineering experience in a high-stakes production environment
- A knack for considering how systems can fail and how to fix them
- An ability to think creatively and holistically about reducing risk in a complex environment
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.