Software Engineer, Enterprise IAM
Stripe’s backend engineers work on the core systems and APIs for all of that. As part of the Enterprise IAM team, you’ll build the identity and access management systems that will enable ever larger and more sophisticated organizations to use Stripe securely while maintaining the simplicity and ease-of-use that has made Stripe so successful. You’ll be collaborating with engineers from across almost every team at Stripe to ensure their products fit into our evolving security model and working closely with our business and sales teams to build IAM features that satisfy customers’ complex security and regulatory needs. We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in solving real world problems and ability to translate complexity into simplicity while balancing security and usability. You’ll need to be comfortable dealing with lots of moving pieces, have an exquisite attention to detail, and curiosity in learning new technologies and systems.
- Design, build, and maintain core data models and APIs
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Enjoy thinking rigorously about API design and diving deep into the details
- Have experience building software and systems that strike the right balance between simplicity, flexibility, and security. We work mostly in Ruby and Java, with some Scala and Go. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise (for example, ¼ of Stripes work in a country that’s different from the one they grew up in). Almost every role at Stripe collaborates with engineers, from Sales and Support in sharing feedback from our customers to Legal and Accounting in supporting our systems for tracking money movement and reporting around the world
- Care about keeping customers safe and are able to understand or empathize with their security needs and goals. Expect opportunities to interact with customers directly in order to better understand their use cases and to brainstorm better ways to solve their problems
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas. For instance, we have wonderful team members who are really focused on their customers’ needs and building mission-critical distributed systems, but didn’t work on Identity and Access Management or other security-related solutions before joining Stripe.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.