Software Engineer, Conversion Insights & Experiments
Stripe was founded to make it easier for developers to accept payments. We’ve made big strides towards that vision but our ambition is to go much further and accelerate increasing the GDP of the internet. We are building out Conversion Insights and Experimentation to enable Stripe to innovate rapidly by enabling new payment experiences that drive conversion and revenue for our merchants.
Conversion Insights & Experimentation at Stripe is an exciting mix of product engineering, system design and data science. We will build the platform to enable launching new payment experiments quickly and safely across web, mobile and API integrations, while also easily communicating the learnings with our merchants. Over time we will build the engine that leverages machine learning to power an optimized end-to-end checkout experience for merchants and their customers.
- Design and Implement the conversion insights and experimentation platform
- Collaborate with our Data Science infrastructure team to build scalable systems and tools that enable us to collect, evaluate, and interpret experiment data
- Ensure that we have a robust end-to-end system that allows us to optimize across web and mobile surfaces
- Understand our users’ business needs around payments conversion
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Shape and evolve the culture of experimentation across Stripe
You may be fit for this role if you:
- You have 5+ years of industry experience doing software development in a data, experimentation or machine learning team.
- You have strong technical depth and knowledge of architectural patterns of large complex applications
- You work seamlessly across the stack spanning API integrations as well as frontend
- You are comfortable manipulating and analyzing data
- You are familiar with key concepts in Statistics, Data Science and Machine Learning
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar for product quality and user empathy. Experimentation touches business-critical products that millions of Stripe users depend on.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.