Software Engineer, Client Platform Engineering
Build the client endpoint tooling and infrastructure that provides a secure and productive user experience for all Stripes.
The Client Platform Engineering (CPE) team, residing within the Security organization, builds the tooling to secure and manage our endpoints, while maintaining a frictionless user experience for Stripes.
As a Software Engineer on the Client Platform team, you will build the systems used to manage our fleet of client platforms with the goal of providing both a productive and secure platform for Stripes and our partners to work from.
Our team’s scope includes the management of 4,000+ macOS laptops, 2,000+ ChromeOS devices, 1,500+ iOS devices, and hundreds of Windows endpoints.
We are seeking someone who can interpret complex and often vague problems into solutions that will enable us to manage this first line of defense without impeding our user’s ability to perform their work. Though past experience as a CPE is a plus, it is certainly not a requirement. We are seeking to grow the team by adding Software Engineers who are capable of solving a variety of technical problems.
Your day-to-day work will include a mix of tending to our existing fleet and its associated management tools, working on larger strategic projects that span multiple teams and quarters (one example: self-service laptop provisioning tools), and providing input into our longer-term roadmap and planning activities.
- Be responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of engineering projects that improve the security, reliability, compliance, and automation of our fleet
- Be constantly on the lookout for opportunities to eliminate manual work through tool building and automation
- Collaborate with our primary internal customers (Security, IT Operations and Developer Productivity) to respond to their requests and troubleshoot issues with the tooling we provide them
- Hold a high bar for code quality and standards by reviewing, approving and providing feedback on code submission by your peers
- Be a contributor to longer-term artifacts such as our team charter and roadmap
- Be a mentor to others. This includes holding a high bar on technical decision making and on engineering artifacts like design docs and code that the team produces
- Design and build durable solutions that will advance Stripe’s security beyond the state of the art
- Contribute to the development and refinement of operational metrics, and improve the systems used to track the health of our fleet
- Help your teammates by sharing knowledge, mentoring, and participating in our on-call rotation
- Keep abreast of industry trends and forums to ensure Stripe remains an innovator in this domain
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience with software development using Objective-C, Swift, C/C++ or Go
- Experience managing endpoints using code-based configuration management tools
- Experience writing infrastructure as code using declarative configuration files
- Experience writing middleware
- Experience leveraging APIs to make changes
- A users first mindset and a focus on creating great user experiences
Nice to haves:
- Proficiency managing cloud infrastructure using an industry-standard provider
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.