Software Engineer, Application Security
Stripe powers businesses all over the world. We process payments, run marketplaces, detect fraud, build world-class developer-friendly APIs, and more. Nearly every system we operate interacts with sensitive financial or personal data — making security a top priority for Stripe.
As a Software Engineer on the Application Security team, you’ll play a pivotal role in scaling our efforts to ensure security is baked into everything we build and maintain at Stripe. You’ll help to create the internal tools and interfaces to clearly communicate and display Stripe’s security posture using data from our security data pipeline. Working on such a platform, you’ll be enabling our product engineering teams to take action and business leaders to consider how to reduce risks to their products and systems.
We work to visualize our security risk posture – providing intuitive and actionable insights. We also provide self-service workflows and security tools to help engineers build more secure software. Your work is key to scaling our efforts to protect users and Stripe’s most valuable data.
- Build intuitive web applications using modern frameworks
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and data-flows
- Build new features for internal users
- Participate in the product development process from start to finish, from helping scope projects to measuring their success and iterating based on user feedback
- Iterate new versions of our Security Posture Dashboard and find efficient ways to scale our security metric pipeline
- Uphold best practices in engineering and design
You may be additive to our team if you:
- Find industry-leading security and privacy engineering interesting
- Seek out opportunities for impact and can execute in a complex environment
- Take pride in shepherding projects from ideation through to completion, where completion often involves partnering with engineering teams to carefully roll out changes that affect their workflows
- Actively seek feedback from your users and advocate for them throughout the product development process
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions and stakeholders
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.