Who We Are
At Stripe, you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global
economy within everyone’s reach. Stripe is a financial infrastructure
platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest
enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept
payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities.
Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a
staggering amount of work ahead.
About The Team
The Solutions Architecture Team partners with our users to realize their
full potential through the adoption of prescriptive solutions that drive
their growth and success.
We work with C-level executives, finance leaders, product design and
engineering teams at large global brands and platforms who are building
financial services solutions with Stripe. We work closely with Account
Executives, Professional Services, Customer Success Managers, Partners,
Technical Account Managers and Product Team to develop and execute on
the account strategy for Stripe’s large users and enterprise prospects.
What You’ll Do
As a member of the team, the Senior Advisory Solutions Architect will
build highly consultative trusted relationships with c-level executives
and technical decision makers in the customer’s organization to provide
business and technical thought leadership, and become a trusted advisor
in solving mission-critical business challenges. We architect business
models with them so they can drive new monetization opportunities and
- Be a key member of a Stripe Strategic or Enterprise account team with
deep involvement in defining the customer strategy; Identify and close
new complex opportunities, and accelerate solution adoption.
- Drive thought leadership and be a trusted advisor for key business and
technical stakeholders including CIO, CTO, COO, CRO, CDO, Head of
Product Engineering and Head of Payments.
- Work to deeply understand the customer’s business objectives, and then
design and apply Stripe’s solutions to their challenges. Develop and
articulate the end to end customer transformation journey and create
future roadmaps and architectures with deep 3rd party integrations in
- Conduct business analysis and background research on customers,
industries, and competitors.
- Lead strategy engagements with users to align to business priorities,
design solutions and secure the technical win by performing in-depth
customer discovery, evangelizing the proposed solutions through
executive briefings, readouts, presentations and solution demos.
- Expand Stripe’s footprint within existing accounts to new global
markets and business units by introducing new capabilities and local
- Act as the “Voice of the Customer” to bring insights, trends and
opportunities to the leadership, product and engineering teams from
the forefront and prioritized for delivery.
- Participate in sales forecasting, Quarterly Business Reviews and
account/territory planning to strategically and tactically align for
Who You Are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be
considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are
encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a
- 10+ years of experience in a similar customer-facing engineering role
such as solution consultant, solutions architect, sales engineer, for
a global software enterprise.
- Executive engagement skills and presence, with an ability to establish
strong relationships with key decision makers and build credibility at
- Effective group-facilitation skills and confidence in proposing and
leading customer meetings to gain strategic footing and pursue
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle and API
- Outstanding spoken and written communication skills, presentation
skills, and confident in explaining complex concepts to both technical
and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to learn Stripe solutions such as Payments, Billing, Connect,
- Ability to understand how a wide variety of applications such as ERP,
CRM, Billing, Tax and legacy systems interact with each other in an
enterprise technology ecosystem.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to
juggle competing priorities while working with multiple strategic
opportunities and customers.
- Experience as a customer facing, domain expert in the payments space,
presenting, and architecting solutions for enterprise customers.
- Experience with integrating Stripe or other RESTful APIs into web
- Experience in systems design, building and deploying complex
- Prior experience in driving global enterprise technical sales for
top-tier enterprise application companies
- Experience in helping customers adopt and consume software in a cloud
- Passionate about learning and actively seeks out knowledge
- Ability to work independently and confidently to develop a path
forward with customers under ambiguous circumstances.
- Strategic and creative thinker who can proactively identify challenges
and maintain a positive approach when facing difficult obstacles.
- Strong collaboration skills to work seamlessly with extended teams to
support our users.