Security Engineer, Threat Detection
Enable the best in Stripes through best in class technology and leadership
At Stripe, our Detection Engineering team is a collaborative group of builders and security experts whose goal is to protect Stripe systems from compromise.
We are looking for a talented, growth-minded engineer to join us as we continuously improve our approach to threat detection. Rather than traditional commercial tooling, you’ll help to drive codified processes, data analytics and automation for detection and response at scale.
If you’re passionate about building security analytics, threat hunting, creating detections as code, and investigating, responding and providing awareness to potential security concerns - please apply!
As a Detection Engineer on Threat Detection, you will:
- Maintain strong partnerships with product and other engineering teams to help convey threat awareness and to collect requirements for any monitoring and response needs throughout Stripe
- Help to improve our systems through scripting, automation, data/analytics, and building new tooling capabilities from the ground up
- Work with the business to deliver related and scalable technical solutions
- Partner closely with Engineering teams to ensure a world class security environment
- Develop collaborative relationships across the entire organization at Stripe
- Help the team develop and interface effectively with the rest of Stripe
- Be metrics driven in your approach across the board
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience in scripting and/or software engineering
- Experience with a broad range of technologies including endpoint detection, network technologies, data/analytics, and/or AWS cloud services.
- A healthy skepticism for the status quo
- The ability to drive concurrent projects and initiatives while managing operational responsibilities
- Software engineering experience in a high-stakes production environment
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience
- An exemplary, user-focused communication style; emphasizing clarity, empathy and accuracy
- Skill and credibility delivering operational work while maintaining a high bar for quality
- A willingness to lead by example and participate in the work as necessary
- Ability to create a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- A history of delivering projects through cross team collaboration and partnerships
- Demonstrated success overseeing internal tool development and automation at scale
- Extremely strong focus on compliance, security and risk awareness
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Possess an empathetic, humble, customer-focused demeanor
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.