Security and Privacy Engineer, Identity
Before Stripe, every growing internet platform had a payments team. Today, every growing internet platform has an Identity/Risk team. Identity verification is a core piece of economic infrastructure for online businesses. We’ve built an identity solution that among other things can help platforms and their users maintain trust & safety.
Guided by our ‘Users First’ principle, we have a weighty obligation to the businesses built on Stripe and their end customers to manage our users’ data with integrity, trust, and transparency. We must advocate for, design, and build world class systems that will set new industry standards for data security, privacy and governance.
As a security & privacy engineer on the Identity team, you’ll have the opportunity to build differentiated privacy products that provide transparency to our users about Stripe’s data practices, give users choices and controls about their data, and meet our users’ expectations for how Stripe handles and safeguards their data.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in privacy and security architecture. You will have the opportunity to build abstractions, frameworks and libraries that allow developers to focus on their job while security and compliance is done correctly for them under the covers.
Join us to build the service that empowers platforms to take the burden and cost out of identity verifications and scale globally with ease.
You might work on:
- Building computing infrastructure & architecture that operates on personally identifiable information
- Designing API shapes that emphasize public/private key payload encryption and signing those payloads with third-party verifiable cryptographic signatures
- A wide range of systems, processes and technologies to solve problems at scale from end-to-end and open up the opportunity for expanding our product suite
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the organization such as product, design, infrastructure, and operations
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Have experience in security, data infrastructure, data governance, or privacy engineering
- Enjoy working across the stack, doing anything it takes to solve problems, and seeing projects through to completion
- Put yourself in the shoes of users and take delight in crafting great privacy experiences
- Are looking for the opportunity to integrate and further develop your security expertise
- Take pride in designing, building, and maintaining APIs, services, and systems at scale across Stripe’s engineering teams
- Reason clearly about security and product tradeoffs, while also balancing such priorities and decisions
- Find improving engineering standards, tooling, and processes rewarding
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, privacy, and design
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.