Sanctions Intelligence Manager
Stripe’s Financial Crimes team is responsible for developing and overseeing the company’s global programs relating to anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) compliance. The team is composed of core AML, sanctions and ABC functions, as well as dedicated product, regional, analytics and internal assurance teams.
The Global Sanctions Compliance function within the Financial Crimes team ensures the company’s compliance with the sanctions programs administered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), the United Nations (UN), the European Union (EU) and other relevant sanctions authorities globally.
Based in Seattle, we’re looking to bring on a Sanctions Intelligence Manager. This role requires someone who’s excited about investigations, operational excellence and using and harnessing data to support our sanctions policies and decision-making. Successful candidates will have a combination of program and operational management, analytical creativity, inquisitiveness and good critical thinking skills.
- Oversee Stripe’s sanctions intelligence program, which includes investigations and quality assurance Strategize and drive operational excellence, productivity and efficiency
- Oversee Stripe’s sanctions screening framework, including vendor management, tuning methodology, screening rules governance, and screening standards
- Develop a deep understanding of Stripe’s sanctions screening system, capabilities and relevant processes, including how the system interacts with our key products and markets
- Provide subject matter and analytical support to the model validation team
- Query data and perform analysis to identify and escalate trends, perform root cause analysis, solve problems and influence decision making
- Work closely with other members of the Financial Crimes team to support the development and reporting of key metrics, sanctions risk assessment, country risk rating and ad hoc analysis
- Work on annual NYDFS Part 504 sanctions filtering certification and related initiatives Contribute to the data-driven decision making culture within Stripe
- 5+ years working in a compliance investigator or operations role
- Experience in sanctions concepts and operations
- Experience with SQL and clearly communicating the results
- Comfort working cross-functionally and juggling multiple projects.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume and technology-driven environment.
Nice to Have:
- Payments or fintech experience.
- Familiarity with MacOS and Google products.
- CAMS or CFE certification.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile.
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.