Risk Verifications Policy Manager
The risk team is a core part of Stripe’s mission to expand the GDP of the internet. As a manager in the risk operations team, you will help enable safer payments for our users and protect Stripe. Your team will face some of the most complex and dynamic problems at Stripe, and you will use data and creativity to guide the team as it helps Stripe scale effectively.
- Define and execute on a long-term vision for managing risk while still enabling Stripe and its users to grow.
- Lead, grow, and manage a team of strategists running complex projects to build and execute on policies at scale.
- Help your team members with professional growth and challenge them to exceed expectations through regular and actionable feedback.
- Triage issues and remove obstacles to progress.
- Work with teams across Stripe to manage and lead cross-functional risk projects.
- Cultivate a metrics-driven approach to solving problems and deciding what to focus on.
- Help build a world-class risk operations organization by recruiting and training the best people and defining organizational processes to support them.
Our ideal candidate is:
- Is a talented coach and mentor dedicated to nurturing talent and helping team members perform at their best.
- Can set and maintain a strategic vision for the team, while also reacting to new external inputs or internal shifts.
- Is analytical and objective and skilled at using metrics to drive decision making; is a creative problem solver.
- Has strong collaboration, communication, and relationship building skills, with an ability to influence stakeholders across organizations and borders.
- Has strong technical and project management skills and interest in developing team’s capabilities in this area.
- Excellent at creating functional and organizational processes that scale with growth.
- Has experience recruiting, developing, and managing diverse and high-performing policy teams. Experienced working in tech, or in another fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Include resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Whatever information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and accomplishments.
Please find our EU applicant personal information notice here
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.