Risk Vendor Program Manager
Stripe handles billions of dollars every year for businesses around the world; the Risk team plays a critical role as the frontline of loss prevention and risk mitigation for the company and our users. We leverage vendor partners to enact a wide-range of merchant-level Risk decisions in order to scale effectively and to gain follow-the-sun coverage to minimize impact on good users.
Your primary focus will be building the strategy for outsourcing risk manual reviews in a specific tier or subject area, streamlining operational processes, and driving everyday performance. You’ll partner closely with risk subject matter experts and analysts on Risk, engineering partners, and partners across Stripe’s Central Operations team to ensure your program’s success. As we grow our partner base and lines of business this role will have an increasingly large impact on the Risk organization.
- Manage the relationship and performance of risk vendor sites Work closely with front-line teams and management at vendor sites, taking a hands-on approach
- Visit vendor sites across the globe for relationship building, performance review and to gain feedback for internal teams
- Own quality and productivity metrics and form tight feedback loops with internal and vendor management, pushing for progress
- Get into the weeds of Risk’s vendor-related data to deduce your own insights
- Work with team members across Risk to execute on these data insights and establish a scalable approach for improvement
- Understand the intricacies of the Global Risk Management organization and our partner engineering and operations teams
- Develop subject matter knowledge in relevant areas of Risk
- Build productive relationships with internal stakeholders including customer teams, managers, subject matter experts and engineering teams
- Educate customer teams on the value and quality of our vendor partners and our oversight to build their trust in our program
- Establish process governance as it relates to vendor training and knowledge management
- Set our partners up for success by advocating for vendor agents and ensuring their feedback is prioritized for procedure and tooling improvements
- Further the efficacy of vendor operations across Stripe, helping leads and subject matter experts recognize opportunities to improve the overall vendor vendor pipeline and enhance user experience
- 4+ years of experience managing cross-functional and vertical projects or programs
- Comfort handling data, communicating insights and making data-driven decisions
- Experience managing vendor relationships or external partnerships
Nice to have:
- Risk or trust/safety analytics background
- SQL experience
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.